Blog

Steel's Classification

Steel's Classification
 
Classification according to the use of steel, it can be divided into three categories: structural steel, tool steel and special performance steel.
 
Structural steel:
 
1. Steel used for various machine parts. It includes carburized steel, quenched and tempered steel, spring steel and rolling bearing steel.
 
2. Used as steel for engineering structures. It includes A, B, special steel and ordinary low alloy steel in carbon steel.
 
Tool steel: steel used to make various tools. According to different uses of tools, it can be divided into cutting tool steel, die steel and measuring tool steel.
 
Special performance steel: steel with special physical and chemical properties. Can be divided into stainless steel, heat-resistant steel, wear-resistant steel, magnetic steel, etc.
 
Classification by chemical composition According to the chemical composition of steel, it can be divided into carbon steel and alloy steel.
 
Carbon steel: According to carbon content, it can be divided into low carbon steel (carbon content ≤0.25%); medium carbon steel (0.25% <carbon content <0.6%); high carbon steel (carbon content ≥0.6%) .
 
Alloy steel: According to alloy element content, it can be divided into low alloy steel (total alloy element content ≤5%); medium alloy steel (total alloy element content = 5% -10%); high alloy steel (total alloy element content> 10%).
 
In addition, according to the different types of main alloying elements contained in steel, it can also be divided into manganese steel, chromium steel, chromium nickel steel, chromium manganese titanium steel, etc.
 
According to the quality classification, according to the content of harmful impurities phosphorus and sulfur in steel, it can be divided into ordinary steel (phosphorus content ≤0.045%, sulfur content ≤0.055%; or phosphorus and sulfur content ≤0.050%); The content is ≤0.040%); high-quality steel (phosphorus content ≤0.035%, sulfur content ≤0.030%).
 
In addition, according to the type of smelting furnace, steel is divided into open hearth steel (acid open hearth, basic open hearth), air converter steel (acid converter, basic converter, oxygen top-blown converter steel) and electric furnace steel. According to the degree of deoxidation during smelting, the steel is divided into boiling steel (incomplete deoxidation), killed steel (more complete deoxidation) and semi-killed steel.
 
When steel mills name steel products, they often combine the three classification methods of purpose, composition and quality. For example, steel is called ordinary carbon structural steel, high-quality carbon structural steel, carbon tool steel, high-quality high-quality carbon tool steel, alloy structural steel, alloy tool steel, etc.
0 Comments
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Submit Comment
Concact Us Now
Screw Manufacturers, Bolt Manufacturers, Nut Manufacturers - Oukailuo
No.26 Zhijiang Road, Lanjiang Street, Yuyao City, Zhejiang Province, China 315400
You can trust us
Ningbo OuKaiLuo Hardware Co., Ltd, established in 1999, has been a leading manufacturer and supplier of fasteners. Our main export market is North America, Europe, Oceania, Korea and so on.
© 2019 OuKaiLuo    RELATED ARTICLES        SiteMap.html    SiteMap.xml
Marketing Support by Globalsir
Enter your inquiry details, We will reply you in 24 hours.
Name can't be empty
E-mail can't be empty
Company can't be empty
Phone can't be empty
Products can't be empty
Message can't be empty
Verification code error
code
Refill